Friday, February 20, 2009

New deal for McGrath


Yorkshire captain Anthony McGrath has signed a new three-year contract to stay at Headingley.

The 33-year-old is entering his benefit season with the White Rose county, almost 14 years after making his debut.

The Bradford-born right-hander played a leading role for Yorkshire last season, and finished as their top-scorer in Twenty20 action.

"I'm delighted to stay at the club for the next three years," McGrath said. "I have enjoyed a fantastic career here so far and I think the next three years will be an exciting time for the club and for me, especially in my new role as captain."

Stewart Regan, Yorkshire's chief executive, added: "It's great news that one of our most senior players and our captain has chosen to commit himself to the club for another three years.

"Under Anthony's leadership I'm confident that 2009 will be a successful year for the team and the Yorkshire County Cricket Club."

No comments:

Post a Comment